Sunday, September 16, 2012

[Seattle] Post-Qualifiers Brief Summary

Hey guys,

So I just got home from the long trip to Seattle. I will be doing a full tournament report later this week but for now I wanted to get out a brief summary.

The qualifiers consisted of a double-elimination, best-of-1, seven round tournament. Participants were split into four blocks, A, B, C, and D. From rounds 1-3 you would play players from your own block with similar records. From 4-5 blocks A and C, and B and D were combined and lastly in rounds 6 and 7 all blocks were combined for the top tables.

I played Royal Paladin, and finished in Top 16, going 5-2 losing in the final round to the Tsukuyomi player that eventually got fourth place. It was a little disappointing for me to have gone so far but just fall short of the Top 8 milestone, but at the same time was somewhat satisfied with myself. I had finally done something on a larger scale to prove that I'm actually a good player and not just some noob with a blog and a YouTube channel.

This is it for now, I have to shower and sleep since I'm dead tired, but a full tournament report will be up hopefully by Wednesday.

Thanks
HerO

2 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity; Do you know how many people were there? I know they said on the website that number of rounds were based on attendance but I'm trying to figure out what the scale will look like when I go to the NY qualifiers next month.

    ReplyDelete