Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Locals Report 28/08/12

Hey guys,

So I went to Sakura Media at Metrotown today for their tournament. Entry is $2, you get a promo pack and can win store credit. It's my first time competing there and only my second one actually being in the shop, so I wasn't sure what skill level to expect. From a quick scout I saw a lot of Gold Paladin players, so I couldn't think it'd be that high ;) Format was best of 3 single elimination, and I was playing my gradestuck cursed Lawkeeper deck since my Royal Paladin deck wasn't complete yet. Let's see how I faired:

Round 1
Lawkeeper Kagero (HerO) vs. Narukami

Game 1
He got gradestuck at Grade 2 for a few turns, and I had enough rearguards that I could pressure since the start. I quickly gained hand advantage while he was struggling to guard. He rode to Grade 3 a few turns later, but it was too little too late and I took the game.

Game 2
I don't quite recall what happened here. Clearly nothing special, but I won.

1-0

Round 2
Lawkeeper Kagero (HerO) vs. Spectral DUNK Dragon

Game 1
He gets grade stuck on a Halo Shield, Mark. Enough said, I win.

Game 2
He gets grade stuck on a Beaumain. I get grade stuck on a Nehalem. I draw into a Grade 3 before him. Enough said, I win.

2-0

Round 3
So at this point I've been getting by because my opponent's have been grade stuck. Let's see how far my luck takes me.
Lawkeeper Kagero (HerO) vs. Spectral DUNK Dragon AGAIN

Game 1
I get gradestuck at 1 for 1 turn, meanwhile he heals all four possible times while I get less triggers than that all game. Fuck life.

Game 2

He misses the Grade 1 Vortimer ride, so I'm kind of happy. My happiness was not to last as I got gradestuck on a Nehalem for a few turns. I do however have rearguards, so I'm pressuring the whole time. I eventually manage to get a Grade 3, and due to some clutch triggers actually manage to take the game, exploiting his 10k Vanguard.

Game 3
And, you guessed it. I get gradestuck for the third game in a row, on a Nehalem. He missed his Grade 1 Vortimer ride, but that doesn't matter - I don't get a Grade 3 ALL game. My last damage check? Lawkeeper. I was about to flip the fucking table.

2-1 scrub out

I would've won the first game if he hadn't healed 4 friggin times, and would've had a better stab at the last game if my deck hadn't shit on me AGAIN. I'm never playing this deck outside of casual matches anymore, I'm glad all the stuff I needed for my Royal Paladin deck arrived today. Lawkeeper hates me. But on the upside I got a Palamedes for $10! Woo! Anyway, that's it for this report, thanks for reading!

HerO


Don't forget to check out KS Games for all your Cardfight!! Vanguard needs!
Don't forget to check out DifferenceInSkill on YouTube for all your Cardfight!! Vanguard content!

1 comment:

  1. Hi HerO

    I am an experienced web publisher as well as a gaming store owner who is looking at starting a professional resource for cardfight vanguard players. I have been following your blog and would like to discuss some co-op work.

    Could you email me cgilmo@gmail.com and we can discuss options?

    ReplyDelete