Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PSA: Warning about impersonators on BYOND (Cardfight Capital)

I've received reports of people impersonating me on the popular online Cardfight!! Vanguard game, Cardfight Capital, hosted on BYOND. From spamming the chat to playing people and telling them that they are me, it seems to have become an issue that I need to address.

One way to make sure that I'm actually me, is to look at my BYOND key. When a player logs into Cardfight Capital, two names appear. The first name without brackets is their in-game name - the name that can be changed in the Cardfight Capital client and is NOT unique, meaning multiple people may have the same name at a time. The second name that is in brackets is known as the BYOND key, the username of the general BYOND account that they used to log in - a name that IS unique, meaning only one person may have that name. My in-game name is HerO, while my BYOND key is Expected; ie:


If you see ANYONE else with the name HerO, but the name in brackets is different - then that person is NOT me. Do NOT listen to them if they say anything about me, my blog, youtube channel, etc. They might challenge you and might even convince you that they are me. They are obviously not.

If you do see anyone logging in with HerO or [DiS] HerO but their BYOND key is different, make sure to let people know that that person is up to no good, a potential spammer and an impostor. This will help keep my name and identity seperate from these impersonators.

Known impostors:

Thank you for your guys' help,
HerO

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand why people need to do this shiz, just completely baffles the mind...

    ReplyDelete